5.13.2009

A New Beginning: The NRA Takes Its Safety Off

A New Beginning: The NRA Takes Its Safety Off: Yeah, I totally agree, a US ban on assault weapons would be ridiculous. That's not the problem, and it wouldn't solve anything. But it's not as simple as telling the Mexican government to get their act together. It's an interesting thing because the US involvment with other countries has always been a hairy issue. But I agree, we should be doing our part on our side to stop these drug cartels. I don't think we're not doing our part though. The real question I think is this: how is this affecting the US, and what should we do about it? The drug trade is a huge problem, but you can't just shut it down. If it were that simple we would have done it by now. It's kind of like trying to kill weeds. You can pull them all up but eventually a seed is going to land and start the infestation all over again. I think what we need to do is worry about how we treat the weeds. How would we do that? No answers from me right now, but that's the direction we should be heading I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment